Bewdley Town Council
VE Day Grants
VE DAY GRANT APPLICATIONS 2020/21
GUIDELINES AND CONDITIONS FOR APPLICANTS
The Town Council had set aside a budget in 2020/21 to provide small VE Day grants to support local community events.
Procedure & Timetable
- Grant support will be made available subject to sufficient funding in the Town Council’s budget and the level of funding provided to other applicants for their events.
- Applications, using the attached application form, are to be submitted to the Town Clerk by 1st April 2020.
- The Finance & General Purposes Committee will assess applications and the final decision to award funding will be made by the Town Council at their meetings in 4th May 2020.
- Payment to successful applicants will be made on the 5th May 2020.
Grant applications will only be considered if the following criteria is met:
- the community group is based in Bewdley, has a local branch in Bewdley or can demonstrate some other significant connection with Bewdley.
- the event benefits residents living within Bewdley or the near vicinity.
- the event does not generate financial profit for individuals
- the application can be for a specific event or item of expenditure; full details of that expenditure should be given including an outline of what is entailed and explanation of how and when the event / item will be take place or be used.
- the community group indicates it has received or is in the process of seeking funding from other grant awarding bodies;
- the community group can provide details of its own fundraising efforts for the project or its running costs.
The Council has a responsibility to ensure proper administration and accountability of public funds. It is therefore important that the Council ensures that the awarded grants are appropriately spent.
The Council requires the organisation /group receiving a grant to:
- acknowledge receipt of the grant in writing
- provide evidence to the Town Council that the funding has been used in accordance with the proposals listed on the application form
- be prepared to participate in any publicity that may be arranged by the Town Council